- Diab M, Bilkhu R, Soppa G, McGale N, Hirani SP, Newman SP, et al. Quality of Life in Relation to Length of Intensive Care Unit Stay After Cardiac Surgery. Journal of cardiothoracic and vascular anesthesia. 2017;31(3):1080-90.
- Rixon L, Baron J, McGale N, Lorencatto F, Francis J, Davies A. Methods used to address fidelity of receipt in health intervention research: a citation analysis and systematic review. BMC health services research. 2016;16(1):663.
- Beaney KE, Ward CE, Bappa DA, McGale N, Davies AK, Hirani SP, et al. A 19-SNP coronary heart disease gene score profile in subjects with type 2 diabetes: the coronary heart disease risk in type 2 diabetes (CoRDia study) study baseline characteristics. Cardiovascular diabetology. 2016;15(1):141.
- Davies AK, McGale N, Humphries SE, Hirani SP, Beaney KE, Bappa DA, et al. Effectiveness of a self-management intervention with personalised genetic and lifestyle-related risk information on coronary heart disease and diabetes-related risk in type 2 diabetes (CoRDia): study protocol for a randomised controlled trial. Trials. 2015;16:547.
- McArdle S, McGale N, Gaffney P. A Qualitative Exploration of Men’s Experiences of an Integrated Exercise/CBT Mental Health Promotion Programme. International Journal of Men’s Health. 2012;11(3):240-57.
- McGale N, McArdle S, Gaffney P. Exploring the effectiveness of an integrated exercise/CBT intervention for young men’s mental health. British journal of health psychology. 2011;16(3):457-71.
- McGale N, McArdle S, Gaffney P. The effectiveness of a combined exercise and internet delivered CBT intervention for young men’s mental health. British Psychological Society Division of Health Psychology Annual Conference; London, UK, 2015.
- Diab M, Soppa G, McGale N, Hirani SP, Newman S, Jahangiri M. Quality of Life and functional status following cardiac surgery. Society for Cardiothoracic Surgery in Great Britain and Ireland; Manchester, UK, 2015.
- McArdle S, McGale N, Gaffney P. Developing an integrated exercise/ CBT interventions for young men’s mental health: Steps in the process and process evaluations 13th European Congress of Sport Psychology: Human Performance, well-being and health; Madeira Islands, Portugal, 2011.
- Gaffney P, McGale N, McArdle S. Football, Life & Death: Can the beautiful game help us when addressing mental health issues in young people? British Psychological Society Northern Ireland Branch Annual Conference; Northern Ireland, UK, 2011.
- McGale N, McArdle S, Gaffney P. The effectiveness of exercise-based interventions on indices of suicide risk British Psychological Society Division of Clinical Psychology Annual Conference; London, UK, 2009.